What are VERTIC’s activities?
VERTIC conducts research and analysis and offers both expert advice and consultancy on verification matters. In addition, it supplies technical legislative assistance to States incorporating nuclear, biological and chemical weapons treaty obligations into national law, and initiates confidence-building activities. VERTIC staff members liaise and work with governments, UN agencies and other international organizations, universities, research institutes, and other members of civil society.
VERTIC personnel organize and participate in seminars, workshops and conferences. The organization also provides the general and specialist media with analysis of verification and implementation issues and runs internship and volunteer programmes.
VERTIC holds observer status at the IAEA General Conference and has consultative (roster) status with the UN’s Economic and Social Council.
VERTIC and/or its staff are members of:
• Chatham House (Royal Institute for International Affairs)
• Chemical Weapons Convention Coalition (CWCC)
• Climate Action Network (CAN)
• Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (CoNGO)
• European Safeguards Research and Development Association (ESARDA)
• International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)
• International Law Association (ILA)
• International Network of Engineers and Scientists (INES)
• International Nuclear Law Association (INLA)
• International Relations and Security Network (ISN)
• Landmine Action
• National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)