VERTIC participates in EU CBRN CoE Project 67 Regional Meeting in Albania
VERTIC’s Senior Legal Officer Yasemin Balci participated in the Regional Meeting of EU CBRN Centres of Excellence Project 67, held in Tirana, Albania during 5 and 6 November. She also presented on regional legislative trends at the National Focal Points Round Table Meeting that was held parallel to the project’s meeting.
Project 67 focuses on CBRN waste management in South-East and Eastern Europe. The partner countries of the project are Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Ukraine.
The Regional Meeting provided an opportunity for VERTIC to present on the legislative reports written with the partner countries. The other members of the Implementation Consortium discussed plans for training and technical workshops to be delivered under the project.
The Project 67 Implementation Consortium consists of the following organisations:
- Sustainable Criminal Justice Solutions Europe (SCJS Europe) – Belgium;
- Cranfield University – UK;
- International Security and Emergency Management Institute (ISEMI) – Slovakia;
- Nuclear Decommissioning Company/Jadrová a vyraďovacia spoločnosť (JAVYS) – Slovakia;
- Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry (MICHR) – Poland;
- Public Health England (PHE, UK); and
- VERTIC – UK.