VERTIC participates in EU CBRN CoE Project 67 Kick-Off Meeting in Montenegro
Between 19 and 20 October, VERTIC’s Senior Legal Officer Yasemin Balci participated in the Kick-Off Meeting of EU CBRN Centres of Excellence Project 67, which focuses on CBRN waste management in South-East and Eastern Europe. The project is led by a Consortium that consists of the following organisations:
- Sustainable Criminal Justice Solutions (SCJS) – UK;
- Cranfield University – UK;
- International Security and Emergency Management Institute (ISEMI) – Slovakia;
- Nuclear Decommissioning Company/Jadrová a vyraďovacia spoločnosť (JAVYS) – Slovakia;
- Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry (MICHR) – Poland;
- Public Health England (PHE, UK); and
- VERTIC – UK.
The Kick-Off Meeting provided an opportunity for the Consortium members to meet the national experts from the partner countries (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine) and discuss plans for implementation of the project across all partner countries and technical areas.